Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Untitled [story]

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Untitled [story] Empty
PostSubject: Untitled [story]   Untitled [story] EmptyThu May 06, 2010 1:12 am

It was the year 2157, the world had long passed it’s prime and was now on the verge of destruction. From above loomed a giant shadow of a meteor, the earth’s fate was sealed and humanity was about to die. The greatest minds of humanity had long since been transported to rockets in search of new planets to restart the human race, leaving the ‘waste’ of humanity to die, a young man called Damon was among the ‘waste’ and as the meteor approached, everyone prepared for death, left here to die by their own race.

As the meteor entered the atmosphere, darkness clouded the earth and hid the sun from view, heat left shortly after as the earth began to freeze, the meteor itself produced lightning which struck the earth. This truly was the death of planet earth, after over six billion years, thanks to it’s corrupt children the earth was about to die.

Many of the masses of humans had barricaded themselves in churches, pleading with the almighty to deliver them a salvation, to spare their faithful children from the destruction that inevitably awaited them. Those of disbelief barricaded themselves in their homes, or in shelters, all useless before the meteor. Earth was going to be destroyed and there was no force known to man that could save them. Damon, forfeiting himself to his fate simply waited, he didn’t like that he had to die now, but there was nothing left for him to do.

As a sense of hopelessness was about to overwhelm his mind, a large eye appeared from the meteor, after it gazed about, seemingly at random it gazed upon Damon, the only human left in sight. It then shone a bright white light, causing Damon to shield his eyes from being blinded. “Is this... Death?” Damon spoke aloud, his mind wanted to run now but his legs were frozen to the spot, seconds later he felt a strange coldness envelope his body before an irrational rage began to take root within him, almost like his body was being taken over by an unknown being.

His body began to act on it’s own, his arms and legs stretched as his body was unwillingly lifted into the air, he then felt like his skin was being pulled off, or was it being pushed? Regardless a moment later his entire body seemed to grow colder yet as his skin was pulled off, shortly afterward everything went black. After what felt like days he awoke, his body stiff and disobedient to what he wanted to do, slowly he tried to climb to his feet. After much shaking he managed to get up slightly, above him the meteor still loomed, getting ever closer. Around him, the corpses of many humans laid, what had happened? They weren’t here earlier.

Looking around, he saw nobody else, who... Or what had killed them? They had strange claw marks through their stomachs, far larger than any animal. Before he had time to think, the meteor was now closing in, in a few short moments he was going to die anyway, why bother thinking on this? Closing his eyes to his fate he waited for his end to come...

But it never did. After several minutes he opened an eye, around him was an intense blackness, was THIS death? Was he doomed to wander this abyss for eternity? Dropping to his knees he tried his best to fight off tears as he hung his head in sadness, never before had he felt so helpless. Before he had time to despair he felt a huge feeling of falling, what was happening to him now? The last thing he saw was grass as his head hit the ground and he saw black again.

This time he felt himself dream, being back on earth, he imagined everything before was the dream, it was too bizarre to be real. Continuing life as normal he took the same dull walk to school, same dull walk to class, same dull walk to class, it was then he bumped into a girl with long, light brown hair. “I-I’m sorry” keeping his head down he tried to walk past her, but found he wasn’t able to move. The girl turned around to face him, a look of anger on her face “Wake up already!” Damon, bewildered, looked up slightly “I didn’t mean it...” the girl didn’t seem to care, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him roughly “Wake up dammit! Ugh, why is our so-called savior such a lazy ass!?” feeling himself warm up suddenly his eyes snapped open, he felt himself laid out on some grass with a girl barely younger than him stood over him, shaking his shoulders.

“Oh and NOW your laziness gets his ass up! How the hell are you meant to save ANYONE when you’re asleep?” the girl kicked him roughly in the side, bringing Damon to full consciousness, and knocking the air out of him. After some laboured coughing he slowly got to his feet, clutching his stomach, as the girl approached him again Damon brought his hands up to guard his face to which she simply dragged them back down “C’mon you damn lazy pansy, I get the wonderful job of breaking you in” taking an angered walk down the hill they were on she roughly turned around again “My name’s Jess, not Jessica, not Jezebel, just Jess and if you get any funny ideas I swear to god I will kill you”

Before Damon had time to reply, she had continued walking down the hill, or at a closer look, more like stomping. Following at a good few steps behind her, so as to avoid inciting her anger again he saw a village before them, where the hell was he? This place was too clean and nature-y to be Earth, Earth’s countryside was a long lost memory. Too scared to answer he simply followed this angry girl called Jess, she wasn’t exactly friendly but right now he had nobody else to turn to.

As they reached the village, the whole place seemed to be deserted, what had happened. “Just great, seems Danny got here first, damn womanising pain in the ass” Taking Damon aback, Jess turned around to face Damon “alright, seems a local bandit has helped himself to this village, so I guess if you’re getting kitted up at all you’re going to have to make do with whatever it is you find, so get to it, surely our ‘savior’ won’t find that too hard” Damon, unable to lift his head, walked past her with his head down, he didn’t know what was going on, what this ‘savior’ was or anything, but he was too scared to ask. Looking around the area he found nothing, he then tried to push open the door of a shop, to no avail. Then Jess walked over to him “what’s wrong, boy? Too weak?” to which she delivered a hard kick to the door, smashing a gaping hole through it, enough to fit Damon through, which afterwards, she threw Damon through. She was remarkably strong for someone so much smaller than him.

Looking around the shop he soon realised he was in a medieval weapon shop, what was this? Some museum exhibit? This had to be some kind of sick joke. Picking up one of the swords he struck the wooden desk with it, the sword cut cleanly through it, causing a shiver to run through Damon’s spine. Dropping the sword he stepped back, hands shaking with fear. This was no trick, it was real... Where the hell was he? “Hey idiot, pick up the damn sword if you’re using it and get your ass in gear, I’d rather not stick around for Danny to get back” slowly and shakily he picked up the sword, holding it he realised how bad his shaking was, he didn’t really want to hold such a deadly weapon, let alone use it, it was obvious what it would lead to.

He felt his mind twitch for a moment, like he was about to get a headache ”hey weakling, why don’t you let me take over?” “Who’s there?!” Damon called out, he knew he’d heard something, but what was it? “Er... Kid, i’m the only one here, now get your useless self out of there before I drag you out, you’ve slowed us down enough as it is” Damon obeyed with a sigh as he climbed through the hole, as he was about to turn to leave a figure was on the other end of the village, arms folded triumphantly “Well well well, good job I came back now, isn’t it? A man and a woman, can’t say i’m that bothered about the guy, but the woman... Totally different story there”

“Ugh, just great... Thanks a lot kid, you’ve got us caught by Danny. I don’t think there’s any point asking if you have any bright ideas” in a flash of light a double edged sword and a circular shield with two wings on it appeared in her hands making Damon fall to the floor in surprise. Jess, sighing and shaking her head, turned to Damon “just sit there if you’re too much of a coward to fight, I’d sooner not get captured by Danny, thank you very much” Jess walked over to where the man known as ‘Danny’ was stood “Damn bandit, get out of my way!” Jess shouted to the man “Haha, no can do, you know how it goes...” Danny still had his arms crossed, wasn’t he going to fight her?
Back to top Go down

Untitled [story]
Page 1 of 1