Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bleach: The End of Everything

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

Bleach: The End of Everything Empty
PostSubject: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:54 pm

CHAPTER ONE
so it begins

The sun beat its gentle afternoon heat down upon the seemingly desolate streets of Karakura, nothing but a stray cat to signify the life that appeared absent. It paused at the exit of a long alleyway, tilting its proud head as though listening for any slight sound, only to hiss and bolt back down the way it had come, nothing but a white blur streaking between the large walls of the alley. In the blink of an eye, the feline vanished into a bin, evidently trying to escape… something.

That something soon revealed itself in a rumbling roar that shook the very earth itself. Windows shook, car alarms set off and two small children sprinted hand in hand along the street, terror etched into every line of their young faces. Just what was causing the pair such terror lumbered after them, a hulking mass of shadow with only a white mask truly visible. Massive arms propelled it forward as the ape-like hollow chased down its targets.

The smallest of the two children, female and blonde, tugged her brothers arm, pulling him towards the park, chain that revealed her as a plus (a human soul that was unsent) swinging from her chest. The boy was reluctant at first, trying to pull her in the opposite direction to which the girl grabbed his own spirit chain and yanked. Crying in pain, he could do nothing but go in her direction of choice.

The boy tripped over his sister, causing them both to tumble forwards onto the ground. The hollow seized its chance, bellowed and reached out a large paw-like hand. Fingers came within inches of reaching the children, both of whom were staring horrified at the beast with large greeny brown eyes, frozen.

“Hadou #4, Byakurai!”

A jolt of lightning crashed into the hollows paw, causing it to roar in pain as it draw the arm back, fury in its bright orange eyes. The air tensed as the masked beast swung on the spot, trying to locate its hidden assailant when the sudden slash of a sword split it neatly down the middle. The attacker blinked out of sight to appear beside the frightened children.

“It’s okay. He’s gone now. You’re safe.”

The young man smiled kindly at the children when a deep roar, quickly joined by several others ripped through the air. The boys’ face blanched and the girl let out an almighty shriek, pointing towards the gigantic snake-like hollow that was now slithering towards them. Behind it strode two others, each appearing almost horse-like in appearance.

The man sighed and sheathed his sword. His blonde hair drifted lazily over his left eye, deep blue eyes fixed intently upon his three targets. “Never a simple task…” he muttered as he once more blinked from sight.

“Oh please, Squad Nine sent you?” came a disapproving, almost bored voice as a woman, garbed in the same black uniform as the male appeared, cutting swiftly through the snake hollow before turning to peer over her shoulder. “I thought they’d have sent someone a little stronger. I guess Captain Virgil couldn’t spare anyone better.”

“And Captain Julius could only spare you?” the male retorted, his blade flickering from its sheath as he propelled forward, dodging past the girl and striking down the first of the two horse hollow with ease.

“Pffft,” came the reply, the katana in the young womans’ hand lashing out, biting through bone mask as her dark eyes never left the other Shinigami. “You’re only a Fifth seat, Kyle. Whereas I am a Fourth Seat. We can take this to a fight to decide if you like?”

Kyle rolled his eyes and brushed his yellow blonde hair from his eyes. “Zeria, we both know full well that seats mean nothing when it comes to your power. The only reason you’re higher than me is because Captain Virgil has higher standards. You’d be still be unseated were you in Squad Nine.”

Zeria snarled. “Bad move Marshy…” she hissed, blade whistling through the air as she made her move. Kyle deflected the clumsy attack, delivering an almost dismissive back-hand to her cheek.

“Is that all you’ve got?”

“That’s enough! The pair of you!”

Zeria stopped mid-swing as the large wooden gates opened and the lean woman stepped through. Her dark green hair shimmered in the light and her eyes bore into the two seated officers.

“This is pathetic. Get back to Seireitei immediately. I shall be reporting this incident to your captains.”

Zeria growled as she stalked into the gateway first. Kyle bowed his head respectfully before following. Once both officers were gone from the real world, the woman turned her now gentle gaze upon the two children.

“… I … I” the little girl stammered.

“It’s ok. They’re like children sometimes,” the woman spoke in a soft voice.

“Who… who are you?”

The green haired woman smiled. “You can call me Rydia.”
Back to top Go down
https://creativesolitude.forumotion.com
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:56 pm

CHAPTER TWO
no sense of direction
part one

Slender fingers rapped the hard wood of the desk, tapping a steady and rhythmic staccato. Obsidian eyes rested on the delicate looking woman stood with an apprehensive expression on the other side of the table and an almost gentle smile ghosted over the face of the observer.

"Lighten up a little, Suzume," said the dark eyed woman in a gentle, almost seductive tone as her fingers came to rest, an eerie silence now filling the room with the absence of the tapping.

The silver haired woman gazed at her captain uncertainly. What had she been called here for? "You called, Captain?"

Veerle Shinja, Captain of Squad Zero, merely nodded once in response before rising from her seat. At an impressive five foot eleven inches, Captain Shinja towered over her sub-ordinate who stood at a meager five foot two. The two women stood in silence for a moment before the seductive voice of the darker haired woman broke the silence like a cleaver.

"I have a task for you."

"What is it?" Suzume tilted her head slightly, curious now at the tense posture her captain's body now evidently displayed.

"In about a months time, you will take two others into Hueco Mundo... and investigate the increased rise in Hollow."

"But Captain... if you are concerned about a sudden rise in Hollow activity, surely it would be wise for us to investigate sooner, rather than later. Why the delay?"

"It is not too much of a concern currently. There are more important tasks at hand that we must take care of first. Also, you will need that time to prepare for the mission." Veerle straightened her haori and sighed. "I would send others with you... but you're going to have to make do with Sun Mei and Iysa."

Suzume, the Lieutenant of Squad Zero, nodded knowingly. She knew that her captain had enough reason to only send the third and fifth seated officers along with her on such a precarious mission, and she also knew better than to question a Captain's motives.

"As you wish."

"Suzume... be careful." Veerle said in a tone verging on anxious. "I don't know how much time we'll get to prepare together for your mission... Micci has been informed of what you shall be doing and will help you in any way she can up until it is time for you to dispatch. Also, don't be afraid to ask the other captains, in particular, Virgil."

"Why can't I come to you?"

"I don't know how present I will be over the next few weeks... I have my own mission to attend to. Captain Commander Kasumi has asked me to attend to something of a very sensitive nature... If I could divulge the details to you, Suzume, I would."

"I understand."

There was a tense silence as the two women stood looking at each other, neither willing to break the eye contact. Finally, Suzume nodded slowly.

"I shall begin preparations."

"Be safe... Suzume."

"And you, Captain."

-----------------------------

"Watch it!"

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Careful!"

The chorus of cries followed the young shinigami clumsily weaving his way through the throngs of Squad Nine, almost knocking fellow death gods over in his hurry.

"Sorry, So-"

He collided sharply with what he took to be a wall, rubbing his head as dark eyes opened. The shinigami's gaze came to rest on the hem of the white haori the shinigami who had stopped him in his tracks wore. Eyes continued to travel upwards, a large lump forming within his throat until they alighted upon the Captain's face.

Dichromatic eyes (the left yellow and the right a rich amber) stared down upon the shame faced shinigami, face devoid of all emotion. "Any particular reason as to why you are charging around my squads' barracks, Adri?"

Adri's faced blanched. "No... N-... Well, I'm l-l-looking for Zeria."

"Since when has Zeria been a member of the Ninth Squad?"

Adri stumbled over his words, trying to explain himself yet succeeding in only making himself look even more of a fool in the eyes of the powerful captain. "Er..."

"So tell me, Adri. Why are you in my barracks and secondly, why are you looking for Zeria?"

"She had a fight with Marshy in the human world... Rydia sent them both back here."

A small smile formed at the corners of the captain's mouth. "Does Captain Julius know?"

"I don't know..."

"Perhaps I should pay him a visit. It's not every day Marshy fights... I didn't think he had it in him. Well, he's not my third seat for nothing. I wonder what damage he did..."

"Captain?"

"Yes?"

"Can I go now?"

"Yes, yes. Run along. But be sure Zeria is not here. Try the Twelfth Squad barracks."

Adri didn't need telling twice. He stumbled to his feet and bolted out of the barracks as though all the hollows in the world were after him.

Captain Virgil smiled broadly and left the barracks.
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:58 pm

CHAPTER THREE
no sense of direction
part two

Adri wandered into what he thought was the Twelfth Squad barracks in somewhat of a daze. Captain Virgil always had that effect on others. Just one stare from his mismatched eyes often sent the lower seated officers either into a fit of hysterics or a bumbling mess. None who were fixed with his penetrating gaze were ever quite the same.

Perhaps it was his domineering physical appearance... though he wasn't the largest built man out there. Virgil held himself with an air of superiority that made others quail in his mere presence. A proud and somewhat arrogant, with good reason, for amongst the Captains of the Gotei Thirteen, Virgil boasted some of the highest spiritual pressure or Reiatsu.

Adri shook his head, trying to dispel the image of the Ninth Squad Captain and his piercing eyes. Fortunately, a distraction came along at just the right time.

A well built Shinigami, his dark skin glistening under the light of the afternoon sun, wandered through the courtyard of the Barracks and it was then that Adri realised he had once again wandered into the wrong place.

"Seems my directional skills leave a lot to be desired," he muttered to himself.

The shinigami stopped before Adri, a disbelieving expression etched into his face, pool-like eyes fixed upon the shorter Shinigami.

"Did Fusion send you?"

Adri stared blankly back, his dark blue eyes confused as the black shinigami continued to look at him as though he could not quite believe what he was seeing.

"What?"

"Did Fusionist send you?"

Adri pondered just who this Fusionist was for a moment when it hit him. Fusionist was the name the Fourth Seated Officer of the Eleventh Squad went by. Her real name was a complete mystery to everyone but herself and perhaps Addle. So that made this man Addle, or Stedman as was his real name.

Addle brought a hand to his forehead and sighed. "I TOLD her I wasn't going to indulge in her yaoi fantasies..."

"Yaoi..." Adri's eyes widened. "Wha-what?"

"I wonder if the captain is in on this too... Have you been ordered to come here? I'm going to be having words with her... I'm not taking part in her fantasies unless she takes part in mine..."

Adri stood and listened to Addle, a slightly dumbfounded expression on his face. What on earth was he going on about?

"Errr..."

"It's not a lot to ask for really..."

Adri took a couple of steps back from Addle, eyeing him suspiciously. Was the man insane?

"Has Zeria come by here?"

"Zeria? Haven't seen her today, though I did see her in a dream I had last night.." Addle gave Adri an almost pleading stare. "I don't want to talk about it..." his body made a movement somewhere between a cringe and a shudder as his mind flashed back briefly to the dream. "Please... don't make me tell you..."

Adri's eyebrow rose slightly and his mouth opened to respond when a loud voice echoed across the Eleventh Division courtyard. "What are you doing here, Fifth Seat of the Fifth Division?"

The fifth seated officer froze. Addle lifted his gaze to the shadowed figure standing outside the large room the squad often gathered in for pre-mission discussions. He inclined his head respectfully before speaking.

"He came by looking for Zeria, Lieutenant. She's not here, however."

"She's out looking for Captain Julius," the female lieutenant responded, her badge of office glinting upon her arm as she strode through the shadows. "Now leave, before I report you for trespassing on Eleventh division territory. Officer Stedman, the Captain requests that you find Officers Justin and Kira as soon as possible. She will need to speak with them before the Captains' meeting."

Adri turned on his heel and scuttled away.

Addle inclined his head again. "Of course, Lieutenant Ami. I'll report back as soon as I find them."

Lieutenant Ami slid silently back into the room she had appeared from, leaving Addle to wander a little confused around the courtyard. Just where WERE his two comrades these days, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:59 pm

CHAPTER FOUR
it's all red

“Oh, come on! Surely you’ve got more than this!” the voice was playful, the speaker pausing mid-Shunpo to give his opponent a sly look. “You’re stamina seems to be dropping. I don’t recall you being this lack-luster!”

“You’ve always talked too much, you know that?” his opponent paused, flicking dark brown hair that seemed to shimmer black over his shoulder, the scars on his left cheek standing out against his pale skin and the bright sun overhead.

The first young man paused again, this time lowering his blade. “You don’t complain when I’m talking dirty, though, do you?”

The scarred Shinigami took his chance and leapt forward at the sight of his opponent dropping his guard. The tip of his blade licked out, catching the red-headed man’s cheek, scoring a thin but long cut that ran from just below his eye to his jaw. “You dropped your guard.”

“Damnit!” the red head pushed himself backwards and readied his blade. “This is meant to be training! You didn’t have to actually cut me!”

“Be thankful it was me and not a hollow, you fool. Didn’t your captain teach you not to drop your guard in a battle, no matter how friendly?” The taller Shinigami (for he stood a good seven inches taller than his friend) scowled lightly before allowing the expression to soften into a smile. “Besides, Zangetsu has just been longing to cut a line in your pretty face after you bested him last time.”

The red haired Shinigami gave his friend a look that bordered somewhere between a glare and a sullen pout. “Of course she taught me… it just slipped my mind, that’s all.”

“Well don’t let it happen again…” the darker haired Death God sheathed his Zanpakuto and Shunpoed to his partners’ side. His hand reached out and the shorter flinched before realizing it was not an offensive gesture. Fingers brushed his arm and gently forced him to sheathe his own weapon.

“So the rumors were true, then.”

There was an awkward silence, a pause in which the newly arrived Shinigami peered at his comrades with a somewhat amused expression. His long copper hair fluttered lightly on the breeze behind him, blue eyes fixed upon the two Shinigami before him.

The dark haired Shinigami recovered first. “You’re just jealous we won’t let you join in!”

“Naturally,” his eyebrow quirked slightly as his deep sapphire eyes wandered towards the red head. “Seems you got injured in a training battle. You’re slacking, Danny.”

Danny growled lightly, a sound that reverberated in the back of his throat as he shrugged Damon’s hand from his arm and drew his blade, eyes boring in to the new arrival. “Careful what you say, Fox.”

“Danny, don’t bother. Besides, you are supposed to be training with me, not him.” Damon looked slightly affronted at being rejected, his crimson eyes fixed upon his partner.

“Do I detect a hint of envy in your voice, Damon?” Fox tilted his head slightly, amused at the reaction he was getting from his friends.

“N-NO!” Damon reacted on instinct, drawing Zangetsu and placing himself firmly between Fox and Daniel.

“Oh please! I can defend myself Damon.”

“Shut up!”

“No! Move!”

Fox rolled his eyes and sighed. Of all the Lieutenants he was friends with, Damon and Danny had always had this rather odd, bizarre relationship that both confused and intrigued him, but it also made them act incredibly immature ninety per cent of the time. It wouldn’t have surprised him if the pair started rolling around on the ground at that point, each trying to gain dominance over the other.

It was only, perhaps, by the chance arrival of another, that this was prevented.

“Hey look, guys, it’s Juli!” Danny spoke in a hushed tone, indicating the lone, dark red haired man who stood some distance away, the insignia of the twelfth squad emblazoned upon his haori. “He doesn’t seem to have noticed us… perhaps we can get the jump on him.”

Fox looked at him a little bewildered. “You really think you can ‘get the jump’ on a captain?”

“Sure, we’re both really fast… if we move now before he senses us…” Danny’s pale blue eyes flashed as he turned to look at Damon.

“It’s worth a shot… he’s normally made some sign of acknowledging our presence by now… maybe he’s getting rusty?” Damon grinned slyly, readying his Zanpakuto. “You take the left, I’ll take the right.”

Fox allowed his eyes to roll as the two lieutenants shot off, faces beaming as they neared the Twelfth Division Captain. Gleeful that they had made it this far without Julius noticing, neither could see the dawning apprehension that washed over Fox’s face. The Tenth Division lieutenant muttered under his breath as he waited for the Captain to make his timely move.

“You morons…”

Damon darted to the right as planned, Zangetsu glinting in the light as he made to bring it around in a sweeping arc towards Julius’ lower back. However, he collided face first with a solid wall of flaming hot, red reiatsu as the Twelfth Division captain flared his spiritual power. Danny realised a moment too late that their target was no longer where he had once stood, a crack to his skull sending him crashing to the ground. The captain had taken pity on the fools in his simple, and very effective, disarming of them. Though his face was unsmiling, an expression of complete disinterest masking his true emotion, pale blue eyes danced.

“You two just never learn, do you?” he asked in a commanding, resonating voice that seemed to reverberate around the training grounds.

Damon shook his head as he recovered from hitting what was effectively a brick wall of pure spiritual pressure. “We didn’t think you were paying attention.”

“I’m always paying attention Damon.”

Damon allowed his own, deep red reiatsu to flare slightly from his body. “Didn’t look like it,” he said, just a little annoyed at the fact their seemingly flawless had proven to be a failure.

Danny was still recovering as Fox walked over, sighing at the stupidity of his comrades. The mask that had long ago given him his name, swung at his hip, a kitsune face with bright red markings decorating it. Fox pressed a finger to the bridge of his nose and sighed again. “I did warn you.”

Julius sheathed his Zanpakutou and allowed a half-smile to ghost over the corners of his lips as he ran his free hand through dark red hair. “I’m always going to be better than you.”

Damon grunted, muttering something under his breath, causing Danny to stare at him in disbelief. Julius’ fist connected with the younger mans’ jaw just seconds later, his pale eyes glaring at the Lieutenant. “Be a bit more respectful when talking about the fairer sex.”

There was a threatening tone to the Captain’s voice as he continued to stare at the darker haired man. Damon ran a hand over his jaw, spitting out the crimson blood in his mouth that was seeping from the cut on the inside of his cheek caused by the impact of the blow. “Tch… you didn’t have to hit me.”

“It’s the only way you learn.”

Danny grinned slightly. “He’s got a point there.”

“Captains of the Gotei Thirteen. The meeting is about to commence. Please assemble at the meeting hall. Captain Commander Chiyu Kasumi is waiting for you.”

The resonant tone of the First Squad Lieutenant rang out around them and Julius heaved a deep sigh. “I won’t tell your captain what you said… But just remember, treat them with tenderness. Women are not pawns for your pleasure.”

He gave the three Shinigami one last fleeting look before blinking out of sight.

“What did you say?” Fox asked, curious now.

Damon spat blood again and half-smiled. “That I’d be able to get more girls into bed this week than he could, making me better than him in one respect…”

It was Danny’s turn to roll his eyes. “Damon, be honest. The only bed you want to be in this week is mine.”

Damon’s face broke out in a wide, bloody grin. “Let’s go then!”
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:00 pm

CHAPTER FIVE
our infinite struggle

The most distinguishing feature of the young woman sat upon the tall-backed, bamboo seat at the furthest end of the hall, was her distinctly mismatched eyes, the young man thought as he pulled the large doors open ready for the meeting and glanced over his shoulder at his Captain. Her eyes alighted upon him, one a rich sapphire and the other an entrancing emerald, and Jay found himself smiling in spite of himself. It was always hard to imagine that this young looking woman was actually the Captain Commander; the woman in charge of the Gotei Thirteen.

Chiyu Kasumi crossed her legs and returned his smile with a soft one of her own. Despite being the one in charge, she was a compassionate and kind woman who saw her sub-ordinates as equals. The red-head heaved a gentle sigh before speaking in a light, almost child-like voice to her lieutenant.

“Jay… Thank you. You may retire for the day.”

Jay, known to almost everyone else as Warbourne, bowed respectfully before backing out of the doors. “Call me if you need anything.”

“Of course.”

It was obvious to the second in command of the First Division that something was seriously bothering his Captain. Normally Kasumi was a cheery woman who always had a fun-loving disposition… but lately she had become solemn, only smiling when offered one first. He didn’t doubt her strength… though he was still worried. Kasumi was not herself.

“Do you often wander around in a daze?”

The voice which spoke was deeper than Kasumi’s and also far more mature. Jay allowed his eyes to lock with the speaker, an almost embarrassed smile on his face. “Not usually, Captain Veerle.”

Veerle tilted her head and peered at him. “Is she still on edge?”

“Seems that way. She’s trying not to let on but it’s obvious.”

“She may be amazing at hiding her power, but that girl cannot hide how she’s feeling to save her life.”

“You’re right there.” Jay gave a small chuckle and ran his fingers through his long, dark hair.

“Lieutenant Jay. Has anyone else arrived yet?”

“No, Captain.”

“Thank you.”

Jay bowed respectfully and shuffled off down the hall out of sight, leaving the raven haired Veerle, captain of the Royal Guard, otherwise known as the Zero Division, standing alone. She sighed, pressed her fingers to the bridge of her nose and glided on long legs towards the meeting room.

Kasumi’s head rose, mismatched eyes meeting the obsidian orbs of her friend. “It’s been a while, Vee.”

“It sure has, Kassie. You’ve been a very busy Lady lately.”

“It can’t be helped.”

“Of course not. But you could talk to your Captains more. We are here to help.”

“Thanks… sorry, I guess I always forget.”

“You never change. Always shouldering the burden so others don’t have to.”

“Sho used to say that…”

“And he was always right in doing so.”

Kasumi let out a soft laugh. “I guess so.”

“They’re coming.”

Kasumi nodded as Veerle took up her position to the left of the bamboo chair. Dichromatic eyes fixed upon the door as the first of the twelve remaining Captains entered.

The woman pursed her lips slightly and frowned, obviously surprised she was amongst the first to arrive. “Odd… I’m usually never the first.”

Her light brown hair shimmered with an almost pink hue as she strode into the room, golden eyes glancing around as though ensuring her comrades were not hiding to surprise her.

“Whoa, Mandi made it here on time.” The tone was distinctly male and Mandi beamed at the sound of it, turning on her heel to stare up at the man now behind her.

“Shocking, isn’t it?” she replied in a silky voice, eyes moving to the smaller woman at his side, face creasing into a bigger grin.

“You could say that.” The smaller woman had a gentle face that hid the true character hidden within. Mitsuki may have looked like the kind who wouldn’t hurt a fly, but the woman had more steel than many would ever dream about. Her deep yellow eyes peered out from behind the curtain of black hair, sparkling as she gazed at her friend.

“Yeah, it’s definitely a surprise,” Jace teased, giving the Captain of the Fifth Division a little wink and a playful smile. “Then again, I’m surprised no-one else is actually here yet.”

All three turned to gaze at their leader, frowning lightly at the melancholy expression etched deep within her kind face. Noting the dark glower on the Zero Division’s leader, the three decided it was probably not within their best interest to ask ‘Hey Kassie, what’s up?’ Instead, they walked a little ways up the invisible aisle that ran through the hall directly in front of Kasumi’s chair. Moving to the Captain Commander’s right, they stood in a line with Mitsuki closest to the chair. Two empty spaces were left between her and Mandi and Jace stood to the Fifth Division’s Captain’s immediate right.

There was a sudden sound at the door as a young woman tripped and stumbled forwards. “Oh shi-“

“Whoa, steady Hips. Can’t have the Captain Commander thinking you’re drunk now, can we?” Virgil caught the purple haired woman deftly and scooped her back up right.

“Shut up, Bowly,” Kelly glared, her deep pink eyes burning a hole in his as she straightened her Haori in a huff. “I tripped…”

“Over what, exactly?”

Kelly turned her furious eyes to the floor, desperate to prove she had actually tripped over something and it had not been a drunken stumble. “Shit…”

“I thought so. You tripped over yourself, didn’t you?”

“No!”

“Or did you sense me and fall head over heels – literally – for me?”

Her eyebrow rose in a perfect purple arch. “As if.”

His yellow and orange eyes danced. “Oh come on Hips. We both know you have a soft spot for me.”

“Aye, maybe so, but that’s my lass you’re talking to Virgil.”

Virgil let out a chuckle. “Riku.”

“Saïx.”

The two men stared at each other for a moment before Riku broke into a smile. “Besides, clearly she sensed me and just went weak at the knees.”

Kelly rolled her eyes. “You sure took your time, David.”

“Apparently not,” Riku said, looking around the room, “seems we’re early.”

“I don’t think you can call this early, Dave,” Julius said seriously as he strode into the room looked more than a little annoyed. “Kelly, I suggest you rein your Lieutenant in before I do it for you.”

“What’s Damon done now?” she asked, curiously.

“Ask him yourself. Oh,” he smiled slightly, “make sure he gets his lip seen to as well.”

With nothing more to say, Julius took his position on the left side of the chair, leaving four spaces between him and Kasumi. Dave shrugged and took a space to Julius’ right, leaving a gap between them.

“Looks like we better fall into line as well.”

Virgil moved to Dave’s right whilst Kelly took the space on Julius’s left. Kasumi mentally counted her present Captains. Eight were present leaving five left to arrive. She waited patiently.

His blonde hair hid the burn scars that covered the left side of his face as he made his way towards the meeting hall. Blood red eyes closed as he drew closer and it was only by instinct that he skirted around the other captain stood in the entranceway.

“It’s rude to obstruct doorways,” he said as he stalked into the hall, ignored the look his comrade gave him. Hal, Captain of the Fourth Division, took his place to Mandi’s left, looking almost bored.

Kieran shook his head. “Never changes,” he muttered as he moved forwards and slid into the spot between Mitsuki and Hal. “And to think I have to stand near you.”

“Get used to it. It’s been this way for the last three centuries; I doubt it’s going to change any time soon.”

Kieran let out a laugh. “Nothing changes, does it?”

“Surprised you noticed.”

Only three remained, one of these making his way towards the Hall alone. As usual, Captain Ahmed’s thoughts were not on the task at hand, and so he wandered along in an almost dreamlike state.

“You know, Ahmed, you wander around like that and one day you’ll bump into something.”

Ahmed paused right before he collided with the shorter woman. His dark hair was almost black and his golden brown eyes glanced at her.

“I don’t mind.”

She turned to face him, ice blue eyes peering up at him coldly. It was the same look she gave him every time they crossed paths. Pale skin seemed almost white in contrast to her deep flaming red hair that fell past her rear. Glasses perched on the tip of her nose, Viktoria shook her head at him.

Ahmed made no response except to stare back at her. She was a rather intimidating woman at the best of times, but the furious anger that she seemed to house for him alone was something of a drug. He felt lost in her rage filled eyes, breaking contact briefly as her sword left its sheath to rest upon his shoulder. Ahmed was perfectly aware that she wasn’t playing around, yet he still allowed his eyes to roll.

“Oh come on Viktoria, we don’t really have the time for this.”

Viktoria quirked an eyebrow. “Remember what I’ve told you Ahmed.”

It was a strange union the pair had. Viktoria openly stated she despised Ahmed, but he wasn’t particularly bothered. He enjoyed her anger. The rage she kept for him alone. So he smiled briefly as he brushed the blade away from his neck and strode past her into the hall. Viktoria growled behind him.

“I’m not done with you…” she murmured as he took his position on Virgil’s left.

“Oh crap… are we the last?”

Viktoria turned her glaring eyes upon the dark haired Shinigami. “Heh… seems it.”

“Ah… nuts. Come on Vik.”

Mark grabbed his shorter friend by the arm and dragged her into the hall. Sheathing her sword, Captain Viktoria shrugged herself free of Mark’s grip and moved to stand on Julius’s right as Mark stood at the furthest end of the line on Kasumis’ right.

A tension filled the room, now that all the Captains stood before her. The doors closed, pulled shut from the outside by two masked Shinigami. All eyes turned to Kasumi as she rose to a rather impressive five foot one in height, yet seemed to tower over all those present.

“My Captains… we have a problem.”

There was absolute silence as Kasumi commanded complete attention from all in the room. “I have received reports from our scouts in Karakura of a mass break-out of Hollow. A large garganta allowed access to a swarm.”

Virgil sighed. “So what’s the plan?”

Kasumi glanced around. “We’re going to send out an advance party. Viktoria, are your lieutenant and sub-ordinates ready?”

Viktoria nodded once. “Faith has been briefed. Justin and Kira are more than capable of backing her up.”

“Good. Mandi.”

Mandi jumped at the sound of her name. It was obvious she had not been paying as close attention as everyone else. “Yes, Captain Commander?”

“Is there a member of your squad who can join the Advance party?”

Mandi nodded. “Jesse”

Kasumi paused for a moment as though contemplating this suggestion. “He’ll do,” she said finally, brow furrowing as her eyes drifted to Kieran. “How about you Kieran?”

“I can send my fifth seat if she’d be of any use? She’s still pretty fresh from the Academy though,” he responded.

“Jessica, if my memory serves… She’ll do fine.”

The Captain Commander then turned her eyes upon Mitsuki. “I also request that your fourth seat goes too.”

Mitsuki gazed back at the tiny woman and nodded once. “Understood.”

Kasumi’s face lit up, as though some small weight had finally been lifted from her heart. “Lieutenant Ami with lead Officers Justin, Kira, Jesse, Jessica and Brittany as the Advance party, then.” She clapped her hands together just the once. “We cannot, however, expect them to be able to manage this task alone. Therefore… I ask each of you to pick one of your remaining Officers to form the Alpha Team. The Alpha Team will follow the Advance Team in roughly six hours after their dispatch.”

There was a murmur throughout the hall as the captains all looked at each other. Surely this wasn’t necessary? They had sent smaller parties to deal with mass breakouts before. Kasumi looked at them each in turn before speaking again.

“Screamwire.”

That one name was enough to bring complete silence to the room. It was several moments before anyone spoke again.

“He’s reappeared?” it was Mandi.

“He has. And it seems he is stronger than the last time we encountered him. Captains, I intend to make this the very last time we have to deal with him. If Screamwire escapes, the mission fails.” Kasumi looked over her shoulder at Veerle. “You will send her as the leader of the Alpha Team.”

Veerle nodded. “Of course. I know she is longing to finally be rid of him.”

“Is this why you were hesitant about Jesse?” Mandi asked, tilted her head and gazing intently at her leader with large, gold eyes.

Chiyu nodded her delicate head. “Yes… but he’s strong… he’ll be able to deal with the past that seeing Screamwire will inevitably bring up.”

Mandi smiled softly. “I’m sure he will.”

“I have a question… how on earth does Screamwire keep escaping us?” Dave asked, his eyes almost fierce.

“That’s a good question, Dave.” Kasumi replied calmly. “The nature of his powers were unknown to us until now. You see, as you know, every Hollow’s name is an indication of his abilities. Screamwire is no different. He can emit a scream that runs through the very nervous system of those who hear it, paralyzing them so he is able to escape. He can also use this scream to destroy the system, making it easy for him to devour souls. For the last three weeks, I have had one of the Twelfth Division work on a serum that when injected into the nervous system, will render the person immune to Screamwires’ abilities.”

Veerle smiled approvingly. “Am I right to assume that the Advance Party will not benefit from this?”

“Correct. Unfortunately this serum takes six hours to achieve full effect. The Advance Party is to distract Screamwire and his Hollow whilst the Alpha Team undergo the treatment.”

Mark sighed. “So the Advance team could be going to their death for all we know?”

Viktoria shot Mark a scathing look. “Have some faith would you?” she said, almost growling.

Mark looked a little sheepish and ran a hand through his dark hair. “Sorry… yeah, you’re right. They’ll be fine.”

Viktoria, however, looked a little apprehensive as she turned her eyes back to Kasumi.

“Now that you understand the mission, please, go choose who you shall be sending with the Alpha Team. This meeting is over. Dismissed.”

Veerle waited until the last of the Gotei Thirteen captains had left before turning her obsidian eyes upon her dearest friend.

“What is it, Vee?” Kasumi asked, her dichromatic eyes curious as she gazed up at her tall friend.

“This mission you have planned for me… does it involve Screamwire?”

Kasumi sighed. “Yes and no… something strange has happened to our dear old friend. You remember how he once looked? Tall, gangly and a hawk-like mask?” Veerle nodded her head, she was more than aware of how Screamwire looked. Kasumi sighed again before continuing. “Take a look at him now.”

She flipped open a small device that looked almost like a cell-phone. It was one piece of equipment every Shinigami had; it was a communication device as well as a hollow activity tracker. Clicking a button, the screen lit up on a beast that looked almost like an eagle. It stood at roughly twenty stories tall, large white wings spread out in an offensive stance. The hollow’s mask was chipped on the left hand side, a deep rent running all along it to the back of the skull.

“Seems our ugly friend just got uglier…” Veerle murmured.

“And evolved by the looks of things.” Kasumi flipped the communicator shut.

“I understand, Kassie… Don’t worry, we’ll get rid of him this time. However, I must go inform her of this mission. Let’s not leave it so long until we next talk next time, eh?”

Veerle stalked from the room, leaving Kasumi feeling suddenly isolated. The little red-head caught her lower lip between her teeth and chewed for a moment. Was the Advance Team capable of holding off this evolved form of Screamwire for six hours? Chiyu tugged anxiously on the hem of her Captain Haori. Of course they could… he can’t have gotten much stronger… could he……?
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:02 pm

CHAPTER SIX
scream

“Seems the havoc has already begun…” the voice was gentle as the red-eyed girl gazed at the many buildings before them. Some were missing windows, others their entire roof. There was even one house that looked as though it had been torn from the ground at the very foundations and tossed aside like lego. A slender fingered hand pressed against her temple as Kira turned to the girl now coming up beside her.

“Doesn’t look good, does it, K?”

Red eyes turned to look at the girl coming up to Kira’s left, her head shaking sadly. “Unfortunately not…”

Jessica stood at two inches taller than her dark-haired friend, her sea-green eyes taking in the devastation around them. She turned to Kira now, pool-like eyes gazing deep into the wise eyes of her companion. “It’s saddening.”

Young Kira nodded her head once, turning her head slightly to indicate something over her shoulder. “We should keep an eye on her. I don’t think she’s ever witnessed something like this.”

“B? She’ll be fine.”

But the slender blonde was anything but fine. She stood, hands on her hips, deep blue eyes furious as they scanned the area. Brittany said nothing, merely took in the scene before her. She was the only one who remembered the destruction that had caused herself and her closest friends to be sent to Soul Society. It resembled the scene before her so closely that it was almost as though she had been struck dumb and taken back in time.

“Hey, B, you okay over there?” the voice was masculine, the speaker stepping through the gateway between worlds.

“Yeah… I’m fine, Jesse,” Brittany replied, refusing to turn to look at him.

Jesse, his light blue eyes a mystery, moved to stand on Brittany’s right. “You’ve seen something like this?”

Brittany nodded.

“Me too… I understand, B. But you’re stronger now, okay?”

Brittany swallowed audibly. “I… couldn’t save them that day…” her voice was soft, unheard by any but Jesse.

“But you’re stronger now. We’re here to save innocent people. With your new strength, you don’t have to fear not being able to protect those people.”

A single tear wept from Brittany’s eye as she gazed fixedly at Kira and Jessica’s backs.

Jesse reached out and wiped away the stray tear with the back of his fingers. “Hey now. That’s not the B I know. Give me a smile. I’ve got your back this time, Brittany.”

Brittany took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. “And I have yours, Jesse.”

The next to step out of the doorway looked a tad un-amused by the fact he had been picked to come along on this mission. “Surely someone else could have come along instead,” he muttered, adjusting his glasses.

“Don’t question your Captain’s decision, Justin,” Lieutenant Ami said archly as she came out of the doorway and allowed it to close behind her with a dull thunk. As the wooden gateway disappeared, Ami placed a hand on her hip and pressed a finger and thumb to the bridge of her nose. “Loitering here isn’t going to do us any good.”

There was a moments silence before an old man came stumbling forward, clinging to his cane for dear life.

“Human at twelve o’clock,” Jesse said calmly, nodding towards the old man as he continued tottering forward.

The hollow that revealed itself to be the reason to the man’s hurried steps was almost dog-like with a long muzzle and strong body. Ami growled lightly.

“Jessica, take point.”

Jessica drew her sword slowly, deep eyes narrowing as she vanished from sight momentarily, appearing behind the hollow. There was a glint of steel as zanpakutou cut neatly through the hollow and as it dispersed into mist on the air, Jessica slowly slid her blade back into its sheath. “Tch… how weak.”

The old man stopped to catch his breath then. He couldn’t see the Shinigami fully, only vague outlines that he passed off as fear induced hallucinations. He wobbled away on jelly-legs, clinging to his walking cane to keep his body upright.

“Poor human…” B said sadly, watching the elderly man leave.

“Seems we don’t have time to pity the humans,” Justin said, peering over his glasses towards the east.

“Tch…” Jessica tutted again.

All present turned their eyes to the east. A small group of hollow – or small by Shinigami standards – was emerging from a small garganta, their howls filled with hunger.

“No rest for the wicked… as they say,” Kira murmured, sliding her zanpakutou from its sheath and grinning slightly. “Oh well, I was getting bored anyway.”

The red-eyed girl shunpo-ed forward, Ami close on her heel. The two girls separated a few meters away from the group of Hollow. The lieutenant took the left whilst Kira went to the right, blades singing as they sliced perfectly into the mask of a particularly large Hollow. A fist barreled from the air, knocking Kira back but Jessica was there to take her place instantly.

Eyes nothing but angry slits, Jessica struck out with her sword, scoring an agonized howl from her target as the arm sliced neatly away from the Hollows’ body. B leapt over her, flipped gracefully and brought her own blade down as she spiraled towards the Hollows’ face. The sharp edge cut into the bone adornment, splitting it. The Hollow dispersed in a mist-cloud as Jesse charged into the fray, Justin behind him.

Their combined target was an equally large Hollow of a troll build. Jesse shunpo-ed into the air as Justin sped forwards. Neither seemed to strike with their zanpakutou, yet the truth was different. Both men were versed in Iaido, and were able to draw their blades, strike their target and resheathe in the blink of an eye. So whilst it appeared they had done nothing but rush their opponent, as the Hollow slid into four pieces before exploding into black mist, it become obvious they must have done something.

Faith arc gracefully through the air, aiming a solid punch at the mask of a relatively small Hollow (when compared to the sheer mass of the one just dispatched by Jesse and Justin), causing a large rent along it which she forced open with her bare hands. As the mask shattered within her grasp, the hollow exploded in a cloud of black dust. Ami brushed herself off and sighed. “Welcoming party?”

“Oh..” The voice did not come from any of the Shinigami and they all spent a moment looking around for the source. It was Justin who finally spotted the human on the ground. He landed a few meters from the newcomer and gazed at him. The human had dark hair and deep eyes. His entire right arm was encased in ice, hand balled tightly into a fist. “Well… I guess that saves me a job.”

“Human… What is with your arm?”

“Death God… my name is Tyler, but you may also call me Shu. This?” Tyler held up his arm and smiled softly. “I’m still finding out myself, but I have some control over the power of ice. Now, as much as I’d like to stand around here and chitchat with you Shinigami, I’m pretty sure that your group is here for another reason. I, too, am here for a reason. If you see another human with blonde hair… female… please, tell her to meet me at the shop. She’ll know which one I mean.”

With that, the human sped off, leaving Justin looking just a little bit confused. Pushing his glasses up his nose, the Officer turned his dark head towards his companions. “The human is looking for another. Female, she has blonde hair. I must pass on a message if we see her.”

Ami nodded slowly. “Okay… naturally the humans are caught up in this attack as well… There may be others who can see us, so be alert, we don’t want to be running into an-“

“What’s a group of Shinigami doing here? I can handle this by myself.”

“Is that right?” B responded acidly, turning her deep blue eyes upon the woman that stood on the air mere meters away from her. “And just who ARE you exactly?”

“Kandy… One of the remaining Quincy.” She had dark brown hair and swirling green eyes. In her right hand, the Quincy held a pentacle pendant at the ready and her reiatsu throbbed a soft pink around her as though expecting some form of hostile attack.

“Quincy…” Kira muttered darkly.

“Yes.”

“Quincy… you’re scum…” Kira’s fists balled tightly as she moved forward, landing a solid blow to Kandy’s jaw on the left side. There was a resonant crack and the Quincy recoiled slightly.

Kandy’s face cracked into a smile. “Heh… I’m going to assume you were a part of that uprising…”

Kira snarled, face distorted in rage. “You could say that…”

Brittany’s face was white as she stepped beside her friend and placed a calming hand on Kira’s arm. “Not here, Kira.”

“But B…”

“No… we have other matters to attend to.”

“Listen to your little friend,” there was a glint of recognition as Kandy looked to B. “We’ll meet again, you can bet your… afterlife on that.”

The Quincy vanished, sprinting off along the air.

“Brittany… why didn’t you let me kill her?”

“What exactly would that have accomplished?”

Kira fell silent and forcibly released her hands from their fists. Stretching her arms, the girl sighed. “True… But that won’t stop me hunting her down later you know.”

“I know… and I hope you hurt her.”

“I’ll do more than that, B… you can count on that.” There was an uncharacteristically dark glower in Kira’s eyes as she stared in the direction the Quincy had run off.

All attention was quickly diverted, however, went a high pitched, echoing scream rent the air, reverberating off the buildings, the sound magnified four-fold. Jesse winced at the sound.

“He’s still far enough away that his ability has no effect it seems,” he said matter of factly.

“Ready?” Ami looked at those gathered. As each faced her, their faces grim, she knew they were feeling the same dread that had settled deep in the recesses of her own heart. “Follow me then…”

It took the group just a few moments to locate the Garganta that had been opened by Screamwire. However, the ‘evolved’ Hollow was no-where to be seen.

“Well… that was a bit anticlimactic, don’t you think?” Jessica said half amused as she started at the giant tear in the fabric of space so named a Garganta.

“I have to agree there… Something doesn’t feel right,” Justin looked around before his hazel eyes settled upon a mass of black that was slowly moving towards them. “Ahh… Menos…”

The Menos stood at several stories high, the white mask covering its entire face. A long nose protruded from the mask, ending in a pointed tip. A massive hole at the ‘chest’ of the Hollow, the Menos seemed almost see through. It moved with purpose and as its’ eyes alighted upon the Shinigami, the overly large mouth opened.

“Cero incoming!” Jesse yelled as a warning.

No sooner had his words been spoken, the mass of red spiritual energy shot from the Menos’ mouth towards them. The Cero impacted with the ground, creating a huge crater. The Shinigami had escaped the blow by Shunpo’ing at the last second and were all now surrounding the beast.

“No way to go!” Kira said in a sing song voice, running her hand almost lovingly along the blade of her Zanpakutou.

In the blink of an eye, all six Shinigami attack, tearing the Menos apart with their Soul Cutters. Jessica tutted softly.

“Well that was sure as hell no fun.”

“We’re not here to have fun, Jess,” Kira said in a scolding tone.

The other girl looked a little ashamed of herself. “You’re right.”

“Hey Justin… did you say that girl the human from before was looking for… she has blonde hair, right?” Ami asked suddenly, cutting off the exchange between Kira and Jessica.

“That’s what he said,” came Justin’s short reply.

“I think we’ve found her.” Ami rocketed towards the ground, sword drawn. As she closed in on the blonde human, something small zoomed past her ear, slicing neatly into the cattish Hollow behind her. Ami lashed out at another Hollow that had appeared, earning a somewhat startled response from the Human she thought she was protecting.

“Look out!” Ami screamed as a swarm of tiny Hollow flocked towards the Human, but her warning was unnecessary as a barrier formed in from the Human, easily repelling the Hollow onslaught.

“Oh, you found her then?” Tyler reappeared, his entire right side now coated in a layer of thick ice.

“Yes… and I thought she needed saving…”

“Haha, sorry. Kylie here is more than capable of taking care of herself. I just needed to locate her.” Tyler plunged his icy fist into the gut of a large hollow, freezing it slowly from the point of impact. As the freeze reached the mask, it snapped and cracked, killing the Hollow.

“Humans… with powers?” Ami mused.

“Sounds strange to you Death Gods I assume?” Kylie, the blonde human girl said almost acidly.

“It is not unheard of… but I’ve never experienced a human with abilities personally.”

“Well… we don’t really have time for idle banter,” Tyler said abruptly, wrapping an arm around his female friend. “We have to get to our friends. Can we leave him to you?”

Tyler nodded towards a massive, eagle like Hollow. Ami let out a small ahhh before responding.

“He’s actually the reason why we’re even here.”

“Excellent. Until next time, Death God!”

Ami leapt back onto the air as Tyler and Kylie disappeared down an alleyway.

“Finally…” she said, coming to Jesse’s side. “You ready for this?”

“How long do we need to keep him distracted?”

“Around twenty minutes left…”

“Let’s do this thing.”

Screamwire turned his bird-like head towards the party and let out an almost delighted scream. Jesse felt his body tense, nervous system suddenly unresponsive. He continued to glare at the bane of his past, however, and through sheer strength of will, successfully overcame the weak attack, lunging towards his enemy.

Kira flew into battle behind him, resting a foot upon his shoulder before using the extra leverage to propel herself up higher into the air.

“I wish you wouldn’t use me as a springboard!” Jesse retorted, unsheathing his blade and striking at the beasts’ leg. The others all successfully landed a blow to the evolved Screamwire’s body but an almighty scream rendered them all helpless. Zanpakutous fell from limp hands as the scream continued, rippling through their nervous systems. There was a crushing sensation deep within Jesses’ core and he felt his life slowly being destroyed from the inside. He was going to die again, wasn’t he?

There was a thud as something opened behind the defeated Advance Party. Screamwire stopped in his tracks, scream cutting off but the effects were too far gone to disappear so quickly from the Advance team. Jesse tried to lift his head. The pressure was still there, but weaker.

Footsteps.

A voice.

“You’re not going to let him kill you again, are you?”
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:07 pm

TURN BACK THE PENDULUM 01
inside the fire

There is a time in every boy’s life where he finally begin to grow up, leaving behind his childish innocence and looking towards the horizon. It was no different for the Takeshita brothers. The oldest of the two brothers stood overlooking the small town in which he had been brought up in. His hair was short, a darkish brown, startling light blue eyes staring upon the sight before him.

Takeshita Jesse, sixteen years old. He had forever lived in this little family suburb, had seen nothing of the outside world. This small town neighboured his and in his youth, Jesse had been ever curious to see just what lay across its borders. However, it was a secretive town, its’ walls high and gates barred to prevent access to outsiders, especially those from the Takeshita brothers’ home.

For many a century, the two towns had always been at war with one another, the very reason the feud had begun lost in history. Jesse didn’t understand it, but he was past the age of worrying. For the last five years, he had been training in the art of Iaido and would soon depart this place for the Academy of Swordsmanship in the city. A part of him would be sad to leave this place and his brother behind, but it had always been a dream of his. He knew Daniel would miss him… of course, they were as thick as thieves, but his younger brother also understood that it was time for Jesse to move on.

He sighed now and ran his hand through thick hair. “I should head back…” he murmured, turning back to his town and setting off at a sprint.

Tallarn, a town with a family orientated feel. Every house was large enough to house at least three generations of the family which inhabited it. The Takeshita home was no different of course. Jesse slipped from his shoes at the door and entered quietly.

“You’re not very adept at sneaking in silently, brother.”

Jesse winced and turned slowly to look at his younger, but taller, brother. “Seems so.”

Daniel grinned, his dark eyes dancing beneath the artificial light. “Mother has been waiting for you.”

Daniel stood a good three inches taller than his older brother and his eyes were a good shade darker, flecks of brown playing through them. He adored Jesse and idolized him for his talent with a blade. It was because of Jesse that Daniel had taken up the sword, though he was not as dedicated as his brother as his dreams were not to be a warrior but a doctor. In around a years time, he would be entering the Academy of Medicine in the city.

Jesse sighed softly and playfully punched his taller brother in the chest. “She been getting on your case lately?”

“Not so much. Father has of course… seems to think both of us going for swordsmanship is a good idea…”

“Don’t let him push you around.”

“I’m not. Don’t you worry about me.”

Jesse smiled at his sibling before making his way down the hall, towards the room his mother used for painting. As he reached the door, there was an almighty crash and the entire house shook. Jesse fell sideways into the wall as his mother screamed out for help. In an instant, Daniel was at his side and both boys were trying to get through the door to her.

She stood a little ways ahead of them, her long, raven black hair shimmering like a sheet of glass. There was terror in her sapphire eyes as the woman stared up at the gaping hole in the roof, a hulking black mass tearing chunks away in its desperate attempt to get inside. Rubble fell around the family and Jesse acted upon instinct. His lean body powered towards the wall, leaping into the air as he pushed himself off and higher. The blade that had until that point, been hidden within his robes, glinted as it cut neatly into the beasts’ hand. Jesse landed softly before his mother as the Hollow resumed its’ frantic scrambling, causing the roof to collapse around them.

The Hollow was large, it’s eagle-like white mask the most prominent feature. Jesse growled, pushing his mother backwards into his brother. “Take her and get the HELL out of here.”

“Jesse, you can’t defeat it!” Daniel held his mother tight as she tried in earnest to free herself to help her oldest son.

“But I can distract him long enough to give you and the rest of the family time to get out of here.”

“…Jesse.”

“Do it, Daniel.”

Daniel straightened and scooped his still struggling mother into his arms. “Come on, Mother…”

The brothers stared at each other for a brief moment. “Good luck…” Daniel said finally, breaking the eye contact and charging out of the room.

Jesse turned grimly to the Hollow. “Who are you?”

“Screamwire…” the beast replied with a hollow, gravelly voice.

“Is that so…”

“And you, puny human, will be my next meal.”

“Daniel! What’s going on? Where’s your brother?” Father Takeshita sounded anxious as his wife finally freed herself from Daniels’ firm grip and threw herself into his arms.

“There’s some… beast! In my studio! Jesse… Jesse… he’s fighting it!” she sobbed as she clung to her husband’s robes.

“Daniel… why did you leave him?”

“He told me to get mother and you out of here.” Daniel replied, slightly hurt by the scolding tone in his fathers’ voice.

“I can get your mother out of here… You should go help your brother.”

“Father…”

“He can’t fight a Hollow alone, son.”

“A Hollow?”

“Yes… Beasts of darkness… if you don’t go to him, he will die, Daniel. Go help your brother!”

~Music: Inside the Fire (Disturbed)~

The Hollows’ laughter echoed around the room as Jesse barely managed to evade a sweep of its back wing, his body slowly giving in to exhaustion. How long had they been fighting? Would Daniel have gotten the family out of the house by now? All Jesse could think about as he aimed a sweeping slash at the now outstretch wing, was the safety of his kin.

The blade bit into flesh and Screamwire bellowed in agony as he recoiled, colliding with the side of the studio and causing the wall to cave in. Brick fell in large chunks around the teenage boy who was holding his ground against the beast as if he was a seasoned veteran. What he wouldn’t have given to have been crushed beneath the house now, relieved from the pain his body was slowly succumbing to. Several large gashes ran the course of his arms and face, a large wound gaping at his chest.

Every movement sent a new wave of agony through his system and just when he though sweet death was being delivered to him, strong arms wrapped around his waist, yanking him firmly out of the wreckage and into the bright sunshine.

“Goddamnit Jesse!”

Daniel’s voice echoed through Jesse’s hearing and he couldn’t help but let out a gentle chuckle.

“You won’t even let me die in peace, will you?”

“What kind of brother would I be if I let you just give up?”

Jesse coughed, phlegm and blood mixing as he struggled slightly against his stronger brother. “You can let me go…”

Daniel did so and Jesse fell to his knees, allowing himself to bring up the blood that had collected in his throat. “Ugh… that’s gross…” he muttered, recovering and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

“I won’t dispute that….” Daniel said, nodding slightly and stepping away a little, a revolted look on his face.

“Hey! You try fighting that thing! Let’s see you not get injured.”

“No thanks… but where has it gone?”

Jesse’s head snapped up then, his bright eyes alert, ears trained for any sound. “Mother…” he muttered before leaping up and setting off at a sprint.

“Goddamn it!” Daniel yelled, running after his sibling.

“NO!”

Takeshita Azami’s body hit the floor with a sickening thud.

“My wife!” Takeshita Michio choked back a sob as his fists balled, eyes glaring at the Hollow.

“She was tasty,” Screamwire responded, flexing his wing as the wound upon it closed. “And now I think I’ll eat you just because… well, I can.”

Michio said nothing, but instead threw himself over his dead wife.

“What’s that going to do? I’ve sucked the soul out of her body. She’s dead. Nothing can bring her back.”

Michio buried his face in her chest, clinging to her as though trying to will the life back into her. Screamwire rolled his eyes at this pitiful display. His claw closed around the Takeshita father, crushing bones as he dragged him from the woman’s limp body and brought him to his mouth.

Jesse stopped dead in his tracks, pale eyes wide. Daniel almost tripped over him as he halted, eyes watering at the scene before them. Screamwire dropped their father and turned his orange eyes upon the boys.

“Ah… desert.”

Jesse wobbled slightly, the grief of losing both his parents threatening to bring him to his knees. Daniel gripped him tight, holding him upright despite almost falling to the ground himself. The boys stared at Screamwire, eyes full of fear as the beast strode slowly towards them.

A glint of steel and Screamwire recoiled, a long slash along his mask. A figure blinked into sight, just off to Screamwire’s left, covered from head to toe in a black uniform with white trimming. In their right hand was a long bladed nodachi. In the left, a shuriken appeared for a moment before whistling through the air and cutting neatly into Screamwire’s throat. The Hollow barely managed to avoid serious injury by moving backwards. He let out a loud roar before turning and running away.

“Tch…” the sound was female, to Jesse’s ears at least, and then they were gone, blinking from his view.

In the shadows, something that did not quite match the darkness shifted in silence.

“Get back here!” The masked form yelled as they gave chase to Screamwire. The Hollow bounded away before flying up into the air and turning to face his assailant. His beak opened and a bloodcurdling scream reverberated around the clearing the two had found themselves in.

As the masked figure crumpled, body writhing in agony as their nerves seemed to ignite and pulse unnaturally, Screamwire disappeared.

It took a full ten minutes for the masked assassin to recover, the throbbing feeling in their body preventing movement. Slowly, they made their way back to Jesse and Daniel.

~Music: Open Eyes (Saliva)~[3.32 onwards]

Miles and miles of cold and lonely road and I’m standing here alone, and all the truth that I’ve been told begins to perfectly unfold.

Jesse stood before the burning wreckage of his home, tears standing in his pale blue eyes. He could no longer cry. He was alone… Every one was gone… it was just him now.

And was it wasted time and was it all for nothing?

Had he trained so hard for the last five years for this? For his family to wiped out in the blink of an eye? His training had not saved them. Why had he worked so hard when he couldn’t even protect those who he cared about?

And I can face the pain of bein' alone for the first time in my life.

Jesse glanced around, taking in the devastated shell of what had once been his home. Daniel was gone, surely burnt alive, his parents… devoured. There was no-one left but him. For the first time in his relatively short life, Takeshita Jesse felt the pain of being well and truly alone. A tear formed at the corner of his eye, weeping slowly down his cheek. He did nothing but stood staring at the destruction of his life. He closed his pale eyes to the sight.

I open up my eyes

Agonizingly slow, Jesse allowed his eyes to reopen.

I feel like I could fly away.

Perhaps he should just end it here? Just what was there left to live for?

Til I reach the other side.

Death would surely be better than the pain and loss he now felt?

Sometimes we must decide, that everything that was meant to be will be. and I don’t even have to try.

Jesse slumped to the ground and allowed himself to fall into his own private purgatory.

It was as simple as a song, it was inside me all along. If it’s the truth that makes me wrong, then I would rather be alone.

Daniel came round a good few meters away from the still smoldering wreckage that had once been his home. Pain lacerated his left side and pressing a hand to the area that hurt the most, he came to realize blood was steadily oozing from a large gash in his hip. He winced, slowly getting to his feet and staring about. Where was his brother?

You said I crossed the line, you said I pulled you under.

Would this have happened if Daniel had not gone back to save his older brother? Perhaps he would have made it out alive? His parents would still be alive…

Had his father been wrong?

He had always been looked upon as the weak child, the one who would always cower in his brothers’ shadow. Daniel stumbled forwards a few steps, tears streaming unashamedly from his dark eyes. “Jesse…” he mumbled almost inaudibly.

Finally he spotted his older brother, hunched upon the ground in his own loss. Jesse’s body was racked with silent sobs as the boy succumbed to his internal agony.

I finally realised I can be strong for the first time in my life. I feel like I could fly away. Til I reach the other side. Sometimes we must decide, that everything that was meant to be will be. And I don’t even have to try.

Daniel looked at his devastated brother. Jesse glanced up at him, a choke catching in his throat. Daniel knelt before him, pulled him against his shoulder and held him as he wept away his sorrow.

The scent of burning tickled Sun Mei’s nostrils as she made her way back towards where she had left the two boys. The scene that emerged gradually before her brought a lump to the usually stoic girl’s throat. The brothers were clinging to each other, as thought determined nothing was going to tear them apart. But the thing that caused the tear to seep silently from her glittering eye was the two bodies laid all but hidden beneath a pile of smoking rubble.

I feel like I could fly away. Til I reach the other side. Sometimes we must decide, that everything that was meant to be will be. And I don’t even have to try.

The boys didn’t even notice her until Sun Mei stood looming over them, slender body casting an equally elegant shadow across their huddled forms. Words went unspoken by voices but were exchanged via eye contact as the boys got to their feet and roughly brushed the tears from their faces.

Chains hung from their chests and Sun Mei took a hold of Jesse’s with a peculiar tenderness. Her eyes were expressionless, the single tear lingering upon her cheek as she drew her long zanpakutou from its’ sheath. Jesse’s eyes strayed to the perfectly formed teardrop on the girls’ cheek before wandering along the length of her blade. What on EARTH was she planning on doing with it?

“I need to bury you.”

“… wait… what?”

Daniel stared at her in disbelief. “Bury us? We’re not dead.”

“These chains say otherwise.” Sun Mei tried to keep all the emotion from her voice. “When a human dies, they either pass directly on to the Spirit World, or Soul Society… or they linger on earth until they accomplish that which is holding them back. Each soul is identifiable by the Chain of Fate at their chest.”

Jesse and Daniel looked at their own chests and then at each other.

“Slowly the chain erodes,” she lifted Jesse’s and showed the end. The final link in the chain looked as though it had been dipped in acid and was very slowly being eaten away, “and once the decay reaches the chest, the soul loses their remainly humanity and become a Hollow… a beast that knows only how to kill and feed. That monster you fought…”

“…he was a hollow.” Daniel nodded sadly.

“By burying you… I’ll release your souls to the Spirit world where you can live on until it is your time to be reborn.”

The boys nodded in turn as Sun Mei looked to each of them.

“Before you do this… burying thing… May I be so bold as to request a glimpse of your face?”

Sun Mei looked at Jesse with slightly astonished eyes, nerves tingling as she released the chain of fate.

It took her a moment to recover before she sighed softly and moved a hand to the mask at her face. The material fell away, the light accentuating her delicate features. Deep eyes gazed from slight shadow cast across her face by her long hair, perfectly peach lips shimmering slightly as she half smiled at young Jesse. He returned this with a gentle one of his own, her beauty taking the words from his mouth, leaving him speechless.

Sun Mei continued to say nothing and approached Daniel. He looked at her and nodded. The butt of Xiong’s Zanpakutou pressed firmly against his forehead and slowly he began to fade.

“See you in the next world,” he said, almost casually to his brother.

Jesse smiled again before returning his eyes to Sun Mei. The uniform was tight, revealing every curve of her lithe body. He mentally scolded himself. This was NOT the time for lusting thoughts.

She turned to him, expression almost pouty as she grabbed his hand. “Your turn!”

Jesse was somewhat startled by this change in attitude. Had she just been appearing cold in front of Daniel?

“Will I see you again?”

Sun Mei allowed her eyes to lock with his. “Most certainly.”

“How can you be so sure?”

She stepped in closer and brushed her lips gently against his cheek, near his ear. “I promise.”

Her words were barely a whisper and Jesse felt his face burn from feel of her lips against his skin. She didn’t move as her zanpakutou was pressed to his head and she was left alone after he had faded away to Soul Society.

No-one had ever struck a fire inside Sun Mei the way young Takeshita Jesse had. It was odd for her to feel something for someone she barely knew. Her eyes opened and drifted to the gently smoking building that had once been the Takeshita home. It was time for her to leave. There was nothing else she could do here.

Sun Mei disappeared as she Shunpo’ed from the area.

“Tch…”

There was a swish of heavy material and a masked figure strode away from the scene, seeming to mold into the shadows until all trace of them had disappeared…
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:09 pm

CHAPTER SEVEN
kill the lights

Footsteps.

A voice.

“You’re not going to let him kill you again, are you?”

Jesse's eyes alighted upon the female shinigami now looming over him, casting an all too familiar shadow across his form. Slowly he allowed his eyes to scan upwards until they fell upon the dark hair of the woman and her soft smile as she crouched down to his level, concern in her golden eyes.

"Oh... hey. So how did Operation Meatshield go?" Jesse asked, his voice cracking slightly under the strain, blue eyes dancing as Sun Mei reached out to brush her fingers lightly against his cheek.

"We'll take it from here," she said, rising slowly and drawing her sword. "Alpha Team... On point."

"She sure seems to be in a cheery mood," Sonny of the third division remarked as he rubbed at his rear, unsheathing his blade with his other hand.

"She has her moments," Tia replied with a slight smirk at her comrade's discomfort. "You could have taken the shot in the arm, like the rest of us, you know."

Sonny glared at her, emerald green eyes flashing. "I didn't realise that was a choice..." he said through gritted teeth as he and Tia took up offensive positions near Sun Mei.

Daiyu Hsiao, a lean, powerful looking woman from the First Division, strode towards Sun Mei, a steely determination in her eyes. "So this is him, huh?" she asked, looking over at the eagle-like Hollow. "The infamous Screamwire..."

"You know of me," Screamwire roared with laughter. "You have failed many an attempt to destroy me... Do you really think this meagre group you have assembled will be any more successful?"

"Sure likes to talk, don't he?" Kawasaki Lewis, third seated officer of the Second Division said with a smile, his unsheathed blade resting against his shoulder. "We're here to kill him... not have a chat." He looked over a Screamwire with a glimmer of something bordering upon hate in his eyes. "Murdering bastard."

"Murder?" Screamwire let out a raspy chuckle. "And you Death Gods do not? You destroy us Hollow... Are we really any different to you? We have to survive..."

"Oh please, do us all a favour and keep quiet," Adriano rolled his eyes at the hollow. "Spare us the "we're the same, you and I" bullshit and let us cut to the chase, eh?"

"Impatience... you Shinigami have always been the type to cut first and ask questions later..." the eagle-hollow let out what could only be described as a somewhat melancholy sigh.

"That's usually the drill when you animals start feasting on innocents, yes," Doi Ida said in a soft voice that barely carried over to the Hollow's ears.

"We do what we have to do to survive the same as -"

"The same as us?" Karamorita Diarmuid pointed his blade at his own chest. "We don't kill innocents just to survive. We protect them."

"Are we not worthy of surviving?" Screamwire asked. "Do we not deserve the right to exist?"

"Not when you destroy lives to do so..." Marygo Alison shook her head, a look of pity in her dark eyes. "You are lost souls..."

"Lost? We are not lost. We're merely fighting for the right to exist in this world."

"Ok, what is with this preaching fuck?" Nagano Lee asked. "I agree with Lew. We're here to kill him. Not get into a philosophical debate with him."

"They're right," Kuroki Ariana flexed her hands, balling them into fists. "It's time we stop letting him distract us from our mission."

"Get ready, guys," Kunisada Nav stood off to one side with a flame-red haired girl, both with clipboards.

"He's getting ready to come all out," the girl said.

"This is going to work, isn't it, Claret?" Lili asked, taking a deep breath as she observed the hulking hollow.

"Of course it is. Claret and Fusionist spent the best part of the... well forever on this," Ito Shikoba, the youngest looking of the group said, nodding. Her blonde hair bobbed as she danced on the spot, preparing herself.

"Oh Shinigami. How pitiful. You say we are beasts... murderers. But isn't that the same as you are? You hide behind the pretence that you're bringing us salvation when infact, you destroy us. Long gone are the days when purification was the norm. Now our very spiritual particles are destroyed... we have no chance for salvation any more..."

"You don't deserve salvation," Takeshita Daniel strode forwards, nodachi-length blade drawn and ready. "How many families have you torn apart? I won't allow you to continued your murdering escapades."

"You don't have a choice..." Screamwire opened his mouth, that same soul rendering scream that had immoblized the Advance Team shrieking forth once more. The Alpha Team stood, unaffected as the scream slowly died off, a look of sheer disbelief flashing behind Screamwire's orange eyes momentarily.

"Seems we're not the only ones who have gotten stronger, eh?" Sun Mei asked with a small smile. "Alpha Team."

"Commander!" the Alpha Team chorused.

"Attack formation!"

The shinigami party split up into two smaller groups. Sun Mei led one group to the left, Daniel leading the others to the right.

"Alpha Team, attack!"

All motion was a blur as the shinigami all charged simultaneously. Screamwire let out a roar as many blades cut into his body time and time again, but with strength born of desperation, he swung out, knocking fully half the Team from the air.

Daniel hit the ground next to Sun Mei. Blood wept down over the woman's eye and her breathing was shallow. Daniel crawled towards her, took her in his arms and covered her with his own body. "Jesse won't forgive me for letting you get hurt..." he whispered.

"It's not your fault," Sun Mei replied in a voice broken in pain. "We weren't expecting him to get so strong when desperate."

Screamwire suddenly loomed over them, clawed hand reaching out towards them. "I've got you this time..."

"I don't think so, bastard."

Jesse rose from the ground, courage and fear for his brother rising within him. Adrenaline coursed through his veins and he slipped into an offensive stance. His body still ached from the aftereffects of the Hollow's scream but he was not about to let his brother and Sun Mei be devoured. It was time to end this.

Screamwire redirected his attack towards Jesse who leapt into the air and ran up the length of the beast's arm. Leaping again, his zanpakutou licked out to score a relatively shallow rent along the mask of the Hollow. Screamwire laughed as the shinigami landed near his neck.

"You can't destroy me like that..."

But Jesse had another thought in mind. Shunpo'ing into the air near the rent along the mask, he forced his hands into the indentation. Forcing his reiatsu along his arms and into his hands, he slowly pulled the mask apart. Screamwire let out a shriek of agony as the mask snapped, disipating into particles as Jesse used his full strength tear apart the mask of the hollow that had long haunted his dreams.

Leaping away, Jesse watched the beast turn to particles, a heavy weight lifting off his shoulders. The Advance Team were still all but wiped out and the Alpha Team were not in the best of shape either.

"Jesse..."

He turned to find Sun Mei gazing up at him, her eyes dimmed.

"Sun Mei..." he shunpo'ed to her, took her from his brother's arms and looked down into those eyes that had so mesmorized him years ago. "Don't you leave me."

"Heh... Bit of a role reversal, eh? This time I end up being the damsel in distress who needs saving... how embarassing."

Daniel patted his brother on the shoulder before moving off to see to the wounded, leaving the two alone.

"He's... gone."

"I know, Jesse. I sensed it. Not many people could pull apart a mask like that."

"Desperation lends strength."

"True..." She closed her eyes and coughed. "I must look a right state."

Jesse smiled softly. "Maybe a little..."
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:18 pm

CHAPTER EIGHT
a welcome burden

The wards were packed. The healing team bustled from room to room, administering all the aid they could muster, but they were undermanned. With the Alpha and Advance teams being brought back wounded, all beds were now taken and the shinigami on duty were doing everything they could to see to each and every one of them.

Mark watched the healing team as they said nothing, passing each other what they needed without a word. Diarmuid lay in the ward close by and whilst he had the authority to burst into the room and demand to know his condition, Mark was more than smart enough to know the healing team needed their space to operate right now. Some of the team were in a bad way and imposing himself upon them was not going to do them any good.

Still... he couldn't help but wonder why Kasumi hadn't sent the captains or lieutenants in. surely with Screamwire's increased strength, that would have been the wisest idea? For the first time since being made a Captain, Mark found himself doubting his leader's decisions.

He sighed, leaning against the wall as the Sixth Division Captain strode into his view.

“Any news?” Jace asked, folding his arms and inclining his head towards Diarmuid's room.

“Not yet. But that can be a good thing, right?”

“No news is good news,” Jace offered Mark a reassuring smile as he unfolded his arms and patting him on the shoulder. “They're fighters... they're not going to let this get the better of them.”

“I know,” Mark sighed. “Never gets any easier, though.”

“Tell me about it.” Jace hefted a deep sigh himself. “I wonder how Ida is doing... this would have been her first big mission.”

“She's one of the least injured. They took her into the bottom room along with Lewis and Alison.”

“Well... I guess that's small relief.”

“Get out of my way!” the voice was distinctly female and Jace turned sharply to find himself face to face with the Eleventh Division Captain, Viktoria.

“Manners, Sticky Vikki.” Jace reprimanded lightly.

“Sorry...” she fidgeted for a moment before holding her hands up. “How are they?”

“They're surviving,” Mark replied before pointing towards a door leading off to the right. “Your squad are in there.”

“Thanks,” and without stopping to talk any longer, Viktoria headed towards the door and slipped into the room.

Ami lay on her back, ribs bandaged and arm strapped tight across her chest. Justin stood off to the left of the large window, a bandage around his head but otherwise unscathed. Nav sat poring over her information, every now and then casting Ami and Kira worried glances. Kira was sat up, her back against the wall. Her left leg lay in a split and her face was rather pale.

“Hey, Captain!” Kira managed a weak smile.

“Kira,” Viktoria inclined her head before looking to Ami. “How bad is she?”

“I've got a fractured rib and a shattered elbow, Captain,” Ami replied, opening her eyes and peering at Viktoria with deep, green eyes. “But I'll live.”

Viktoria nodded. Her ice queen expression had slipped. She knew that. But when it came to the well-being of her squad, she could not just brush it off and act dismissive. Giving them all a smile, she moved back towards the door.

“Well, you guys rest up. I'll drop by tonight to check up on you.”

The squad exchanged smirks. She may come across as a hardarse, but Viktoria was a caring person at heart.

Back outside, Viktoria was met by Mark and Jace.

“How are they holding up?” Jace asked, sliding the door closed and allowing the four inside some privacy.

“As well as they can.” Viktoria adjusted her zanpakutou and moved along the hall.

“Now where are you going?” Mark asked.

“To see Jesse.”

Mark and Jace exchanged looks before leaving the wards.

------------------------------------------

The knocking was insistent but quiet, barely touching Jesse's hearing. He was tempted to just roll over and pretend he was asleep. After all, it was probably only another healer checking in on him. The last thing he needed right now was another dose of prodding and “it'll be fine”.

As the rapping came again, he rolled his eyes before sitting up and calling them to come in. expecting to see one of the Healing Team, Jesse couldn't hide the brief glimmer of shock that lit up his face as Viktoria stepped into the room.

“Well, isn't this a rare pleasure.”

Viktoria fixed him with a stern look before striding forwards and placing a slender, cool hand against his forehead.

“I'm fine, Vik. There's nothing to worry about.”

“Be quiet.” The captain snapped as she proceeded to prod at his temples.

Jesse's eyebrow shot up, giving him a purely skeptical expression as he looked at the woman before him, eyes intent as though searching for something.

“Hollows don't possess, you know.”

“That's not what...” she paused and frowned. “Show me your hands.”

Resigning himself to the fact that if he didn't do as asked – no, commanded – Viktoria was probably going to bug him all night, Jesse held his hands out to her. Taking his hand in hers, Viktoria turn it palm upwards and peered closely at it.

“What on earth are you looking for?” he asked, finally unable to keep the question held back.

“I'm not sure...” Viktoria looked him in the face. “Does anything seem different about me?”

“Not really. You're as bossy and demanding as ever.”

“LOOK at me, Jesse.”

Rolling his eyes again, Jesse locked his eyes with hers. It was only then that he noticed the subtle change within them.

“What...am I looking for?”

“I think you know, Jesse... you can see it, can't you?”

“But... I didn't think it was possible.”

“Do you remember the year we met?”

“As clear as if was yesterday.”

“Do you remember what happened?”

Jesse couldn't pull his eyes away from the fear that had suddenly lit up Viktoria's eyes. It was unlike her to display such emotion. But it was definitely there. A terror so intense that her eyes seemed to dance with it.

“Yes...”

Viktoria broke the eye contact and sunk to her knees. “It's happening, Jesse...”

“But I thought he said...”

“He lied. And it won't be long before I can't hide it anymore...”

“Do the others know?”

“No... But if it's affecting me... it won't be long before it affects the rest of you.”

“I see... so that's what this is about.”

Viktoria averted her eyes to the floor and held her head in one hand. “I don't know how to stop it...”

“You're not alone, Vik.” Jesse pulled her to his chest and hugged her. “Don't tell anyone I hugged you.” he added, patting her consolingly on the back.

Viktoria laughed softly before pulling away from him and grasping his hand in hers. “Be careful...” she whispered as she moved towards the door.

“You too.”

After she was gone, Jesse stared into the darkness for what seemed like an eternity. They had always feared that what had happened all those years ago was going to somehow affect them. But a century on with no signs... Jesse had begun to hope that it was all speculation. That they'd just been scared into believing such a thing.

And yet, looking deep into Viktoria's pale blue eyes... and seeing what he saw. There was no denying it.

It wouldn't be long until it began.
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:13 pm

CHAPTER NINE
believe

How're you feeling?” Tia asked her taller friend as she adjusted her own bandage that was wrapped tight around her left calf.

“A bit bruised...” Jessica responded, tentatively pressed her fingers lightly against her ribs. “But it could have been worse if you guys hadn't turned up in time.”

Tia laughed softly. “We're lucky. We were almost delayed by a sudden call in from Karakura. Apparently there was another influx of Hollow. Taichou had to send us out quickly whilst organizing the party to deal with that problem.”

“Who did she send?”

“The Zero Division were near the gates, so they went. Fortunate really. Not sure how long it would have taken otherwise.”

“Tia?”

“Hmmm?”

“I...”

There was a light rap on the door, followed by a muttered oath as the visitor slipped into the room and shut the door behind them

“Sonny?” Tia's eyebrow shot up at young man. “You didn't get it too bad, it seems.”

Sonny ran his hand through his hair and laughed nervously. “Yeah, I was pretty lucky.” Sonny sported several cuts over his face and hands, and his right eye was a lovely plum purple. “How are you two?”

“Not too bad, considering,” Jessica offered him a smile.

“I...” Sonny paused as though searching for the right words. “...Have you two felt... any different lately?”

Jessica and Tia exchanged worried looks before both turning back to Sonny.

“Felt any different?” Tia asked, pondering the question.

“It's hard to explain... like when you see certain things or when you're fighting, do you -”

“Feel something stirring?” Jessica finished his sentence and nodded her head sadly. “Yes.”

“What about you, Tia?” Sonny cast his piercing green eyes upon the dainty woman who sat down and rested her head in her hands.

“Only lately,” she said quietly. “I don't know how to explain it... It's almost like when we...”

“Back then...” Jessica chewed her bottom lip thoughtfully, anxiety flaring in her sea-green eyes.

“He didn't mean what he said... did he? We can't be...” Tia looked up, tears standing in her eyes. “It's not possible, surely?”

“I don't know, Tia... but something is definitely happening to us. Which means...” Sonny glanced at the door.

“That they must be experiencing it too...”

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

“What do you think she wanted to talk to him about?” Jace asked Mark as they wandered the halls towards the Eleventh Division Barracks.

“I think you already know the answer to that question, Jace,” Mark replied, not looking at the other man.

“You've noticed the change in her too?”

“It's kinda of hard not to when you're as close to her as we are.”

“I know... it's only subtle but...”

“She's definitely not the same Vikki from back then,” Mark let out a sigh.

“You think it's because of what happened?”

“It has to be. Remember what he said?”

“It still haunts my dreams, if I've honest.”

“You, have nightmares?” Mark sounded almost stunned.

“We all do at some point in our lives, Mark.”

“Some more than others.”

Jace stopped. Mark turned slowly to look at him.

“You've experienced the dreams too, haven't you?” Jace's tone was almost urgent. Almost as though he was needing Mark's answer to be yes so he could feel safe in the knowledge that he wasn't alone.

“Yes...”

“Then she must have been talking to Jesse about it...”

“Do you think she knows what it is?”

“Probably. We should go see her regardless.”

“If she tries to kill us, I'm so blaming you, Jace.”

“Oh sheesh. Thanks.”

Mark was worried. He could remember the event that had led up to this as though it was only yesterday. He could remember the shadows and the pain... and her eyes. He could see, plain as day, the reflection of his own eyes within hers that day... and it terrified him.

Last edited by Rikka on Wed May 12, 2010 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptyThu May 06, 2010 4:59 pm

CHAPTER TEN
a sacred lie

Metal clinked sharply against metal as the two katanas met, sparks showering the two shinigami as they glared at each other from the cross of their weapons. The scar on Damon's cheek seemed darker, almost as though it was a fresh wound as his deep red eyes narrowed. Leaping backwards, the lieutenant slid into a low crouch.

His opponent lowered her zanpakutou slowly, eyes closed, haori billowing out behind her as the wind picked up around the two combatants. Damon made his attack, a seemingly direct attack that could easily be deflected. However, at the last minute, he swerved to the left and with an upwards slashing movement, his blade targetted the captain.

She turned her head just a fraction as the steely edge arced towards her. The deadly sharp blade cut neatly through the ribbon that held her hair back. As the ribbon fell in two pieces, the long purple locks of Kelly's hair tumbled down, were picked up by the breeze and buffeted outwards. Her eyes snapped open and in place of the usual dark pink, they were a chilling, bloodthirsty red.

“That wasn't the best move on your part,” she said through clenched teeth, her voice seeming deeper than usual as she reached out with her left arm, grabbed his Shihakushou at the throat and threw him forceably away. The strength behind the shove was enough to send Damon reeling backwards and it was by some small miracle that he managed to retain his footing as Kelly readied her weapon, a small laugh rumbling in her throat. The intensity of her crimson gaze caused Damon to recoil internally as she came at him.

Kelly could feel the rage burning deep within and try as she might, the captain could do nothing to smother it. It was a seething anger that just kept building and thoughts of death and hunger flashed within her mind. It was like she had been taken over by a ravaging beast who was intent upon killing the Shinigami sprawled across the ground from her attack. There was fear in her opponent's eyes, she could see it. What was worse... she could taste it. The scent of terror was rank to her tongue and she found herself retracting from this inner beast, frightened of what it might do to her lieutenant.

“Stop!” she cried out, forcing her hand to drop the zanpakutou before she could launch another strike.

Her eyes faded from red to pink as she struggled to regain control of her own body. Her breath was ragged as she fought back against this murderous instinct and desire to maim her friend. With great reluctance, it faded until she fell to her knees, tears standing in her eyes.

“Leave me...” she gasped as Damon made to move forwards.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

What had happened?

Kelly found herself asking that question in the recesses of her mind for what felt like the thousandth time. And still she had no viable answer.

She turned her eyes upon her Zanpakutou and sighed.

“Do you know?”

The sword lay silent. But then, it always did lately. Had she been expecting the spirit to answer her? No, her Zanpakutou spirit had been suspicious in it's lack of appearances these days.

“I guess not...” she said silently, sheathing the blade and gripping it until her knuckles were marble white. What had happened?

She was broken from her musing by footsteps and the sudden urge to tell whoever it was to piss off died as she peered over at the newcomer.

“I thought you were Damon then.”

“I heard about what happened.”

Kojima Isaiah, Seventh Seated Officer of the Zero Division said in a calm voice as he slowly approached the Thirteenth Division Captain. He was a slim built man with dark hair and eyes that seemed to change varying upon his mood. Right now they were a rich, cyan blue, reflecting the sunlight so they appeared like small pools of water. Kelly half smiled at the unassuming man whom was always someone she and her friends turned too should they need an unbiased ear.

“Damon told you?”

“Naturally,” Isaiah spoke only words that he felt needed to be spoken. This often led to the misinterpretation that he had been struck dumb. However, Officer Kojima typically only preferred to talk when it was absolutely necessary.

Kelly nodded. She'd expected that to happen. After all, The Zero Division were specialists when it came to unknown phenomena. “What do you think?”

Isaiah was silent for a moment. It felt like an eternity to Kelly before he finally spoke again.

“I think we should pay a visit to Viktoria.”

“Why?”

“You're not the only one going through this, Kelly.” He gave her a knowing look.

“You mean...”

“Yes.”

Kelly closed her eyes and sighed a sad little sigh. The words Isaiah spoke next... they came with an impact much like the coming of the end of the world.

“It has begun.”
Back to top Go down
Seraphyna
Admin
Seraphyna

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:38 pm

CHAPTER ELEVEN
i'm alive

“Does it usually feel this far to her office?” Jace looked around at the curious faces of the Eleventh Division shinigami as their heads poked out from behind nearly every door and window as the two captains passed through.

“Doesn't help that everyone is looking at us as if we have Yellow Sickness,” Mark groaned, trying to avoid looking any of the intrigued unseated members of the Eleventh Squad in the eyes.

“Yellow Sickness is preferable to -”

“Don't say it.”

“Sorry.”

Mark sighed. “I didn't mean to snap... it's just...”

“Yeah, I know. I'm worried too.”

Mark said nothing. If he was to voice his opinions, he was afraid Jace would agree and that would make the possibility even more real. For the time being, Mark wanted to believe that this was all just a dream... at that any moment, he would awaken to find himself back in his bed.

“Oh...”

Mark looked up at the voice. His stomach tied into a knot. There was small chance of this all being some alcohol induced dream now.

“Jesse.” Mark acknowledged him with a respectful incline of his head.

Jesse returned the gesture. “You two heading to see Viktoria too?”

Jace nodded. “Am I right to assume she came to visit you?”

“She did.”

Mark and Jace exchanged glances.

“It was about... that, wasn't it?” Mark asked carefully.

“You already know the answer to that question, Mark,” Jesse replied, giving the Captain a very slight smile. “You should know better than to waste effort asking questions you already know the answer too.”

Mark almost laughed. He had a point, afterall. Perhaps it was just a need to hear someone say the words that were playing on his mind. Maybe he just needed confirmation that he wasn't the only one with this deep seated fear that something had begun and they were right at the eye of it. He sighed and nodded.

“Touché, my friend.”

Jace paused as he came to a stop before the doors that would open onto Viktoria's office. “Well... here we are.”

Jesse and Mark exchanged looks before striding towards the door.

“It's not much farther,” Isaiah spoke almost silently as he led Kelly towards the Eleventh Squad barracks.

Kelly had been silent the entire way to the Barracks. In her mind, she relived the moment of terror as something tried to gain control of her body... and the blind panic as it very nearly succeeded. Kelly could still remember the glee of the inner beast as it attempted to take over and destroy her comrade and the taste of fear on the air. The Captain shuddered as she kept pace with Isaiah, looking everywhere but at his back.

“Oh...” Jess exclaimed as she came to a stop before Isaiah. “Hello, stranger.”

There was no expression on Isaiah's face as he lifted his eyes and met hers, though there was a faint glimmer of recognition deep within the now emerald green irises.

“Hello.”

Sonny and Tia jogged to Jessica's side before turning to face Isaiah and Kelly.

“Ah...” Sonny said almost inaudibly as he looked from one to the other. “You too?”

Kelly said nothing, but merely nodded her head once. She could not meet their eyes. Secretly she feared that should she look upon them, that hunger would once again take over her and that this time... she would not be strong enough to stop it.

Tia let out a gentle sigh. “This isn't boding well, is it?”

“Seems not,” Sonny replied, running a hand through his hair, piercing green eyes scanning the small group. “Especially not if all five of us are experiencing things... what happened with you guys?”

Again, Kelly remained quiet, hoping that in doing so, they would ask no further questions and she would not be expected to enlighten them upon her vicious attack on Damon. Isiaiah, however, seemed to have little regard for this fact.

“A hunger... for lack of a better term, took over Kelly as she was training with her Lieutenant. I, on the other hand, have found myself dreaming... of a beast that seems to know me better than I know myself.”

Sonny gave a small nod. “I've felt something stirring... as have these two. You heading to Viktoria's room?”

Kelly spoke then. “Yes... if these things are happening to us, surely she has experienced them too, right? She was the first who -” Kelly stopped herself midsentence and averted her eyes back to the floor.

“Yeah... she was,” Jessica said in agreement. None of them needed Kelly to expand on what she was about to say. They all knew what had happened. “Jesse, too.”

“He'll be on his way there, I know it,” Isaiah strode forwards. “Come.”

And so the two parties crossed paths at the large doors. Mark and Jace stopped and turned to face them. Jesse, however, carried on and pushed the large doors apart, striding straight through without announcing himself.

The others exchanged anxious glances before following him through.

“Ah...” Viktoria's voice held only a faint tint of curiousity as the doors to her office fully opened and the light spilled across her desk. Her hands were folded atop a report, her long red hair hanging loose over one shoulder. Where her glasses were usually perched on her nose, however, there was nothing. These glasses set folded beside her hands and around her eyes she wore a simple strip of black cloth to bind them.

“Vi-” Tia began.

“Welcome, friends,” Viktoria cut across the girl and indicated the eight chairs set up around her desk. “I've been expecting you.”

The friends looked at each other before each taking a seat. Had she really known they were going to all be arriving at this particular time?

“Vik... we need to -” Mark started.

“Talk. Yes. I know. Seems our past is finally catching up with us...”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bleach: The End of Everything   Bleach: The End of Everything Empty

Back to top Go down

Bleach: The End of Everything
Page 1 of 1